Make the Label Count campaign virtual launch event
Webinar: 12th of October 2021, 11:00-13:00 CEST
Textiles are a priority sector in the EU’s plans to shift to a climate-neutral, circular economy, where products are designed to be more durable, reusable, repairable, recyclable, and energy-efficient.
As part of these efforts, the European Commission is planning to introduce new sustainability labelling for clothing. This aims to empower consumers when making purchasing decisions and positively influence the drive for a sustainable economy.
But what if the labelling system being proposed doesn’t account for key environmental impacts?
11:00 AM – 11:05 AM – Welcome and Keynote
Livia Firth, Founder and Creative Director, Eco-Age
11:05 AM – 11:55 AM – Panel Discussion: How to Make the Label Count
- Paul Adamson (Moderator), Chairman, Forum Europe
- Paola Migliorini, Deputy Head of Unit, European Commission, DG Environment, Sustainable Production, Products and Consumption
- Carlo Calenda, Member, European Parliament
- Pascal Morand, Fédération de la Haute Couture et de la Mode
- Ingun Grimstad Klepp, Professor in Clothing and Sustainability, Oslo Metropolitan University
11:55 AM – 12:00 PM – Closing Remarks
Dalena White, Secretary General of the International Wool Textile Organisation (IWTO)
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM – Networking Lunch
Watch the recording from the official Make the Label Count campaign virtual launch event using this link: http://makethelabelcount.eu/
You can follow the campaign at the Make The Label Count campaign website (makethelabelcount.org) and social media: LinkedIn and Twitter.